Just wanted to pop in to say Happy 2011 to all of you. I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are rested and ready to meet the challenges of 2011.
Just a few days ago, I received my first Blog Award from the very talented Karen Gilbert.
Like many Blogging Awards, this one comes with a couple of strings attached. The first is that I must share 8 things about myself with you and the second is that I send this award on to 8 other bloggers who inspire me.
Here are 8 things that you may or may not know about me:
1. I am married to a wonderful man, named Darrell. We will be married 20 years in just a few months. I am so very thankful for the love and joy he has gifted me every single day of our marriage.
2. We are a blended family and have 5 children: two girls and three boys. All are grown and live away from home now (Hooray!). Four are married and have blessed us with six grandchildren: three boys and three girls.
3. I began scrapbooking in 1999 thanks to a good friend, Lori. She also introduced me to Stampin' Up! when she invited me to a workshop in 2000. I've been hooked on both forms of paper crafting since.
4. Like Karen Gilbert, I love to cross-stitch and make Christmas Stockings for all of my grandchildren which are presented to them on their second Christmas. My youngest grandson will receive his Christmas Stocking this year.
5. I love to solve word puzzles. It's what I do during my lunch break at work every day. It's a great way to clear my mind and relax.
6. My favorite "decompression" activity is to read trashy romance novels. My favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Laurie McBain, Catherine Coulter, Teresa Medieros, Heather Graham, Mary Balogh, Mary Jo Putney, and Joan Wolf. My husband bought me a Kindle for Christmas to help alleviate the number of paperbacks that clutter my bedside table.
7. My husband and I have two dogs. One is a Golden Retriever named Maxwell and the other is a Shih Tzu named Zorro. My husband and I really enjoy our furry friends and how they are so excited to greet us when we come home.
8. I love being a Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator. I joined the Stampin' Up! family 5 years ago and enjoy sharing my love of paper crafting with an ever growing group of friends I have made as a result of becoming a demonstrator.
Here are the names of 8 bloggers who inspire me (note that many of the bloggers who inspire me are included in Karen's list, so I won't repeat them here). I'll be passing this award on to:
Catherine Harwood, 3-2-1 Stamp
Diane Simpers, Back Porch Stamper
Nancy Riley, iStamp
Patty Bennett, Patty's Stamping Spot
Diana Gibbs, Stampin' with Di
Connie Collins, Constantly Stamping
Cindy Elam, Heart's Delight Cards
Holly Krautkremer, Rubber Redneck
So now I just need to let them know!